Monday, November 26, 2007

Poetry in Pure Form

What is poetry? It is how one expresses themselves. And as we look at the many poets today...those whom I admire most, Jill Scott, Maya Angelou, Toni Morrison, we can only come to respect their pure form of poetry in both spoken word and in song. And it is from them that I am inspired to write in the manner that I do.

But don't get me wrong, there are those who should not write poetry. Those are the ones that are violent, too dark, speak of death in painful acts of dying...it's just horrific at best. I can say you would probably find those poets in underground arena where the goth environment party dwells. Not all goth are dark in this form, from what I've come to know. There are just those who take it to a whole different level.

Prince has been my all time favorite in performers. I took the time to listen to his lyrics when I was barely 10-years old. And it was then I wanted to write more colorful poems after having already been writing since the age of 7.

Poetry today has advance, evolved, and developed into something that everyone can embrace because poetry remains for the purest form of expression.

No comments: