Thursday, November 29, 2007

Who is Jill Scott?

The soultry songstress definitely has a way with words. And in her latest album, she seems to tell her stories in some of the most melodic tones that not only get you tapping to the beat and singing along, but being able to identify with the words of her music just makes it all the more worthwhile. Although, I've never gotten a chance to see her in concert, I do alright with getting all of her albums that I have on hand, and just close my eyes as they randomly play, and I sit and listen and feel as if I'm there.

She is truly an inspiration for someone who writes poetry like I do. I can't wait to get my hands on her book of poetry which I am sure the words moves you just like her music. Jill Scott celebrates life, the recovering from love, and moving on. She has a unique way in which she gets her point across, and you hear every word clearly and precisely, making you say, "Sing it, girl!" We have Alicia Keys who celebrates freedom. We have Mary J. Blige who celebrates life. And here comes Jill Scott who celebrates the magic of self, being in love, and moving on from love.

So, who is Jill Scott? A woman simply telling it like it is.

No comments: